West Greenville Initiative
Eppes Recreation Center Mural
400 Nash St.
The Gold Post Mural
804 West 5th St.
Benefits of murals in West Greenville
- Offer accessibility to art and creative expression.
- Promote a sense of identity, belonging, welcoming and strengthen the area.
- Create a tangible sense of place, destination and increase foot traffic while adding vibrancy, color and character.
- Create therapeutic benefits for the mentally-ill and homeless populations.
- Facilitate public-private partnerships and collaborations.
- Increase the quality of life of its residents.
- Serve as backdrops for photoshoots, community celebrations, mural tours, art walks and organized block parties.
- Highlight diversity and resilience initiatives and help support cultural preservation efforts.
- Serve as an inexpensive method of redevelopment. This will potentially help maintain property value, while deterring crimes such as illegal dumping.